Finally, a purpose made product for laundering sheepskin products, especially medical sheepskins and baby care lambskins. Also ideal for other washable items such as floor rugs and footwear.
Woolskin gently cleans and conditions the sheepskin without the harmful chemicals found in most household detergents.
Further, it conditions the wool and leather to maintain the protein coating around each wool fiber and lubricates the leather to keep it soft and supple.
See individual product's washing instructions or refer to our sheepskin care instructions.
Woolskin Wool Wash Sheepskin Shampoo product purchase page.
- a unique blend of non-ionic surfactants
- a dispersant to remove oil based stains
- conditioning agents to replace the oils normally removed during washing
- a hospital approved antibacterial agent (Triclosan) which also minimises odors
- Tea Tree Oil (Malaleuca Oil) which is effective against dust mite
Woolskin Sheepskin Shampoo & Woolwash with conditioner is suitable for:
- Medical Sheepskins
- Sheepskin Baby/Infant Care Rugs
- Sheepskin Floor Rugs
- Sheepskin Slippers & Boots
- Sheepskin Gloves & Clothing
- Sheepskin Car Seat Covers
- Sheepskin Cushion Covers
- Sheepskin Horse Products eg. numnahs
- Pure Wool & Wool-blend Fabrics
- Wool Filled Comforters/Duvets
Beware! Detergents which contain enzymes, phosphates, peroxide, alkali or bleach can cause irreversible damage to the leather. Woolskin contains none of these chemicals.
Most general wool wash detergents are anionic and often have water softeners such as phosphate which are sequestering agents that remove metals in the water - and the chrome from the chrome tanned sheepskin.
The oil from tea tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) is nature's weapon against dust mite, a known cause of allergen for asthma sufferers and particularly in babies.
Woolskin contains a unique blend of melaleuca oils, including tea tree oil, which has been proven effective against dust mite. Woolskin can be used as a general laundry detergent suitable for bed linen and clothing. Woolskin will be beneficial to chronic asthma sufferers where dust mite is a critical matter.
Tea tree oil, whilst being effective against house dust mite, is also recognised as antifungal and antibacterial.
Top Load: Measure 20ml for small load and 40ml for large load into washing machine.
Front Load: Use half the quantity.
Select wool or gentle cycle and load size. Double rinse.
Measure 20ml for each 10 litres (2.6 gallons) of water into single wash tub.